Manufacturing Technician 2
Location: Beltsville, Maryland, USA
Duration: 6 months
Visa Status: US Citizen Only
Job Description: Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies and final assemblies. Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment. Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process. Works with engineers in conducting experiments.
Northrop Grumman leads the industry in solid rocket propulsion systems, satellite components and subsystems, lightweight space deployables and solar arrays. We are constantly pushing the boundaries of our nation's capabilities in space.
Seeking candidates to fill a Mechanical Technician position for our Beltsville, MD facility. Position is for 1st shift. Candidate will provide mechanical technician support for the manufacturing of integrated products in our structures assembly and layup area. Candidates will need to be mechanically skilled and highly experienced in assembly/bonding operations on complex space flight hardware using multiple adhesives. Candidates will be able to communicate well and have the ability and drive to learn quickly. This is a craftsmanship role and candidates must be conscientious and take pride in their work while demonstrating a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
• HS diploma or equivalent (education will be verified)
• Minimum 2 years previous honeycomb panel fabrication or aerospace mechanical assembly experience.
• Strong mechanical aptitude to include the ability to read and interpret drawings
• Attention to detail with a focus on quality workmanship
• Familiar with hand tools and good math/geometry skills.
• Candidate must be able to read and follow written manufacturing instructions and technical procedures.
• Operate equipment such as hand tools and power machinery for processing metals, composites and wood.
• Must work closely with lead technicians and supervisor to meet build requirements and schedules within allotted budgets.
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
• Demonstrates high level of concern for safety of self and others.
• Willing to work flexible schedules as needed to meet delivery dates
• Computer skills including MS Word and Excel are a plus.
• Previous fabrication (honeycomb panel) experience in aerospace manufacturing environment.
• Experience preparing/mixing epoxy and silicone adhesives for mechanical and thermal component installation in honeycomb panels and aluminum skins.
• Experience handling of hazardous materials in accordance with OSHA and industry standards
Competencies for Success:
• Successful candidates will need to be a team player with a strong desire to work in a fast-paced, professional environment
• Ability to follow instructions, plan work, and manage time appropriately
• Ability to follow safety procedures
• Willing to work with a positive attitude
• Detail oriented
• Ability to be prompt for shift work
This position may be filled at a lower level requiring HS diploma. Previous fabrication (honeycomb panel) experience or Aerospace mechanical assembly desired.
Northrop Grumman has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
#Manufacturing #Technician #2 #SparkleGenius #SparkleGeniusJobs #SparkleGeniusOpenings #Spark #Sparkle #OpenPosition #NewJob #Job #Career #Hiring #Recruitment #NowHiring #HiringNow #Employment #Work #JobSearch #JobHunt #JobAlert #HumanResource #Staffing #Vacancy #JobSeeker #NewOpenings #Jobs #NewJobs #JobsinUSA #Richmond #Virginia #OpentoWork #Open #FullTime #PartTime #ContractWork #Freelance #JobOpening #Hiring #JobListing #Career #Employment #JobOpportunity #TechJobs #IT #ITjobs #nonITjobs