System Administrator 3
Location: Salem, Virginia, USA
Duration: 6 Months (Onsite)
Visa Status: USC,GC, GCEAD, H1b, C2C
- Responds to Tier 1 support requests.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Communicates effectively with teammates and customers of varying levels of technical expertise.
- Responds to all break/fix requests associated with end user resources.
- Configures and deploys new/replacement desktop/laptop computer equipment and peripherals.
- Maintains up-to-date project and architecture documentation.
- Maintains up-to-date inventory and maintenance records.
- Monitors system resources for server/service anomalies.
- Resolves connection issues between users and resources.
- Maintains detailed change history of changes.
- Supports team efforts to improve cybersecurity controls and defenses.
- Supports team efforts for threat hunting and mitigation.
- Manages time and resource constraints.
The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of computer hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to Commonwealth policies, standards, and guidelines. Responsibilities include systems administration engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions. Perform daily backup operations and regular file archival and purge as necessary. Create, change, and delete user accounts per request. Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues. Diagnose and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary. Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs. Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
Required 3 Years. Help Desk Support
Required 3 Years. Customer Service
Required 3 Years. Desktop/Laptop/Server Hardware
Required 3 Years. Desktop/Server Applications
Required 2 Years. General Network
Required 2 Years. Hands-On w/Network Equip
Required 3 Years. Virtualization
Required 3 Years. Backup and Recovery
Required 3 Years. Microsoft Office
Highly desired 2 Years. Cybersecurity
Nice to have 2 Years. General Database Administration
Nice to have 2 Years. Audio-Video Support
#System #Administrator #3 #SparkleGenius #SparkleGeniusJobs #SparkleGeniusOpenings #Spark #Sparkle #OpenPosition #NewJob #Job #Career #Hiring #Recruitment #NowHiring #HiringNow #Employment #Work #JobSearch #JobHunt #JobAlert #HumanResource #Staffing #Vacancy #JobSeeker #NewOpenings #Jobs #NewJobs #JobsinUSA #Richmond #Virginia #OpentoWork #Open #FullTime #PartTime #ContractWork #Freelance #JobOpening #Hiring #JobListing #Career #Employment #JobOpportunity #TechJobs #IT #ITjobs #nonITjobs