Network Administrator 4
Location: Fairfax, Virginia, USA
Duration: 6 Months (Onsite)
Visa Status: USC,GC, GCEAD, H1b, C2C
ABOUT THE ROLE/ IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Team is looking for a solid junior level team member who brings a solid 2 years of a solid, hands-on technical foundational experience. The best candidate will be someone who is looking for long term professional growth opportunities.
They are not looking for senior level candidates for this role rather those who are professionally motivated, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, a bachelor's degree in computer science (or equivalent), as well as some technical certifications (pls add required certs here) which shows they are interested in enhancing their technical own knowledge and self-motived to learn.
Requires experience, creativity and multi-tasking to independently and collaboratively achieve department service and support objectives for the Transportation Operations Center.
Complete Description: 2-3 years of experience in the field or related subject matter area.
- Responds to Tier 1 network support requests.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Communicates effectively with teammates and customers of varying levels of technical expertise.
- Responds to all break/fix requests associated with network resources.
- Assists with configuration and deployment of new/replacement network hardware and communications infrastructure.
- Maintains up-to-date project and architecture documentation.
- Maintains up-to-date inventory and maintenance records.
- Monitors network resources for faults and traffic anomalies.
- Resolves connection issues between users and resources.
- Maintains detailed change history of network changes.
- Supports ITS Field Maintenance with communications' implementation and troubleshooting.
- Supports team efforts to improve cybersecurity controls and defenses.
- Supports team efforts for threat hunting and mitigation.
- Manages time and resource constraints.
The Network Administrator installs, configures, and supports an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet system or a segment of a network system. Maintain network hardware and software. Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. May supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures. Coordinate the development, implementation, and maintenance of a local area network or wide area network. Maintains the network's physical and logical structures, including network connections. Maintains network support software, analyzes user support statistics, and recommends appropriate measures. Installs, tests, and maintains network hardware and software. Prepares and analyzes statistics on network utilization and availability. Prepares training courses and provides user support and training in the use of available hardware, software, and utilities. Performs tuning and capacity planning activities to enhance the performance of the network resources.
Required 2 Years. Cisco Routing and Switching
Required 2 Years. Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, etc.)
Required 2 Years. VLAN Management
Required 2 Years. Subnetting
Required 2 Years. Firewall Administration
Required 2 Years. Network Monitoring
Nice to have 2 Years. Network Cable Management
Nice to have 1 Years. VPN & Remote Access Technologies
Nice to have 1 Years. Authentication (Radius, TACACS, etc.)
Desired. Bachelor's degree in a technical field of study
Desired. Professional Technical certifications (if so, pls list)
#Network #Administrator #4 #SparkleGenius #SparkleGeniusJobs #SparkleGeniusOpenings #Spark #Sparkle #OpenPosition #NewJob #Job #Career #Hiring #Recruitment #NowHiring #HiringNow #Employment #Work #JobSearch #JobHunt #JobAlert #HumanResource #Staffing #Vacancy #JobSeeker #NewOpenings #Jobs #NewJobs #JobsinUSA #Richmond #Virginia #OpentoWork #Open #FullTime #PartTime #ContractWork #Freelance #JobOpening #Hiring #JobListing #Career #Employment #JobOpportunity #TechJobs #IT #ITjobs #nonITjobs